Columba Catholic College recognises and values the uniqueness of each student in our diverse population. The population includes students who may need adjustments to their learning because they:
- have different learning styles
- have learning difficulties
- are students with a disability
- are gifted
- have English as a second language
The College has additional structures to assist with the needs of these students. Students with learning difficulties or disabilities are catered for by the Learning Enrichment Department and are supported by Columba Catholic College in terms of staffing and resources.
Teachers celebrate the diversity which enriches our college community and ensure that:
- all students are provided with relevant and challenging learning opportunities
- all students have the chance to experience success
- they maintain high expectations for all students
- they demonstrate a commitment to personalised learning
The MacqLit Literacy Intervention Program is offered from Years 4 - 6. MacqLit is an explicit and systematic reading intervention program for small groups of older children. It provides a comprehensive sequence of lessons that includes all the key components necessary for effective reading instruction: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension.